eCash: Manage Clearing & Fee Settlements
If you wish, TYRIOS eCash can automatically cover clearing and fee settlement for you. First of all, let's clarify the terminology:
- A clearing statement is a non-taxable document that represents the money transfer itself. If a partner or a customer buys a voucher, no VAT will be charged because it is not clear at the time of purchase what VAT will be charged.
- On the other hand, a fee statement is a taxable document that accounts for the service provided to your partners. It contains the costs according to the fee schedule per transaction.
To be as transparent as possible in the event of a tax audit, TYRIOS eCash creates a separate document for both transactions. Therefore, it is also possible to define a different cycle or different thresholds in the company settings.
To keep your accounting as simple as possible, TYRIOS takes care of the accounting for your partners. Here you have to distinguish between two cases:
- By default, TYRIOS eCash checks all transactions daily and adds them up at the end of the day. Suppose this results in your partner's credit balance or liabilities above the clearing threshold set in the company settings. In that case, the system automatically creates a clearing receipt for all corresponding transactions and sends them to the partner for settlement. The same procedure applies to the fee settlement, which is carried out monthly by default.
If the clearing threshold has not yet been reached, the system waits until the clearing threshold has been reached or a month has passed. The clearing is then carried out at the latest unless the minimum threshold has not been reached. This is to prevent clearing for minimum amounts where the bank fees exceed the value of the clearing.
- Settlement for bulk voucher issuance and bulk voucher redemption as a system operator is a particular case. Since this usually requires direct settlement, a clearing voucher and, if necessary, a settlement voucher is created immediately. You can therefore settle the vouchers directly with the client. Please note, however, that any open transactions will be taken into account in the clearing document.
From the TYRIOS point of view, the clearing and fee vouchers are nothing more than regular vouchers for order management. You will therefore find all documents clearly arranged in the order administration:
- As a user with extended rights, go to the client area > Order management > Manage vouchers.
- Here, you will find all receipts and can view them again at any time, send them to the partner/customer/user, or create manual receipts. You can also see all email communication from TYRIOS to the partner for each receipt.