Activate EPOS print function
TYRIOS supports Epson's EPOS standard in the POS terminal in order to access the POS printer and the TSE unit directly via LAN / WLAN.
Several steps are usually necessary for TYRIOS to access via EPOS.
TYRIOS communicates with your browser exclusively via encrypted SSL channels. Therefore, the printer / TSE connection must also be established via SSL. The hardware uses a self-signed SSL key that you must trust. How this is done depends on your browser and operating system.
- Trusting a self-signed certificate on the Mac
- Trust self-signed certificate on iOS devices
You get the SSL certificate by calling up the IP address of the printer / device in the browser. The printer will give you the IP address when you start the printer. If you do not receive an IP address, no connection via LAN / WLAN is activated.
Once the SSL connection is established, you must activate EPOS support in the printer.
- Go to the browser and enter the IP address of the printer. The connection via SSL should now be possible without any problems.
- Log in with the printer's access data. By default, the user is "epson" and the password is also "epson".
- In the settings, go to the function "EpsonNet COnfig for TM-i".
- Click on "ePOS-Device
- Activate ePOS support by setting the selection to "enable".
- Click on "Apply & Restart" in the upper right corner.
From now on, printer communication via ePOS is possible. Now go to the terminal settings and activate the ePOS function.
- Enter the IP address
- Enter the port. For SSL connections, this is port 8043.
- If you have not changed any other settings, you can now save the settings. TYRIOS now connects to the printer via ePOS.