Epson TM-m30II: connect to the network or Wi-Fi.
- How can I connect the receipt printer via network cable?
- How can I integrate the receipt printer into the WLAN?
The Epson TM-m30II is the most frequently sold receipt printer. It not only has a fast print function, but is also ideally suited for fiscalisation with its built-in technical security device. Thanks to the EPOS standard, the printer can be used by desktop as well as mobile phone and tablet cash registers.
The best way to connect to the printer is via the network. In fact, it is absolutely necessary to use the printer in conjunction with TYRIOS pos. The easiest way is via cable: plug in the network cable and you're done. The Epson POS printer automatically obtains an IP address from the router and with this the connection is possible.
Via WLAN it is a bit more complicated because you first have to inform the printer of the WLAN. However, this can be done very quickly with the app developed by Epson for Android and iOS.
- Download the Epson TM Utility app from the Apple or Google App Store (Google Play Store, Apple App Store).
- Launch the app on your mobile device and click the Wi-Fi Setup Wizard function.
- On the following screen, select the TM-m30II as your printer.
- Connect your printer to the power supply. Make sure that a roll of paper is loaded and that neither a USB nor network cable is connected. After a few seconds, you will see an initial receipt showing the SSID, IP address and password (passphrase). If this is not the case, reset your printer to the factory settings.
When the print result is there, click on "Printed".
- Your mobile phone will now try to connect to the printer's WLAN. Click on "Next".
- You can now apply the settings of your WLAN. This includes the encryption (this is usually WPA2) and the WLAN password (this is usually on the router).
Click on Next in each case.
- When asked for the IP address, leave DHCP activated. The printer will then automatically obtain an IP address from your router.
- This completes the setting and the printer should be in your network. The printer will confirm the new IP address.
- Check the connection by entering the IP address in your browser.
Tips und Tricks:
You will usually get a warning in your browser because the initial SSL certificate of your printer is not valid. But that is OK at this point. The connection is possible.
With routers of the Telekom, we, unfortunately, had to make the experience that the printer often gets a new IP address. This can cause problems when using the printer because the IP address stored in the cash register is no longer correct. In this case, assign a fixed IP address. The settings depend on your specific router configuration. We recommend that you consult an IT contact here.