- How can I define flexible prices?
- How can I deposit a flexible price?
TYRIOS offers you the "flexible price" function, which allows the customer to determine what they would like to pay for an item.
This function is especially useful for vouchers, but also for donations, where you want to give the customer the choice of how much to pay. Of course, you can also use this function for any kind of product if you want to give the customer the possibility to determine what the product is worth.
You can store an item with a flexible price in such a way that you store a minimum price and a maximum price. This way you ensure that you do not sell your products below value. At the same time, you can give the item a recommended retail price (standard price) so that the customer has a guideline of what you expect for the item.
There are two ways in which you can deposit a flexible price.
I. Flexible price for new articles
- As a user with extended rights, go to the Customer Area >Product Management>Create Article.
- Create a new article.
- Click on the tab Price.
- On the right you will find the new function: Flexible price. Activate it by clicking on it.
- Optional: Set the minimum, standard and maximum amount. If you also set the purchase price, you can also see how much you will earn.
- Save the article.
II. flexible price for existing articles
- As a user with extended rights, go to Customer Area >Product Management>Manage Items.
- Select the desired item.
- Follow steps 3,4,5 of I.
- Save the settings.
Tips und Tricks:
If you sell a voucher, you may have to charge VAT. If you know what the voucher will be used for (e.g. because you only sell items for 19% VAT), then taxes will be charged immediately. That means you have to charge 19% VAT on the voucher and afterwards when redeeming the voucher these already charged taxes will be added.
However, if your customers can buy items with different VAT rates, then you do not yet know which tax will be charged on the purchase. Then you must not charge VAT on the voucher. The voucher is sold at 0% VAT. VAT will then be charged on the purchase of the item.