Create & manage customers
- How to create and manage customers
TYRIOS offers you the possibility to combine several users in one file and manage them together. We call this file a client in TYRIOS. In principle, a client can be a company, an association, a member or something else. It is thus an abstract collection of at least one user.
Managing users makes sense exactly when you want to manage several users with the same properties. If, for example, several users are to have the same address, the same purchasing conditions or the same accounting properties, then a customer is exactly the right approach. This is because all users of a customer have the same settings here. This inevitably means that a user can be assigned to a maximum of one customer.
A customer also has further setting options - especially with order management. For example, you can store document texts for invoices that differ from the standard or even e-mail addresses depending on the document type.
To create a customer, you can create a customer account directly from the user view. Alternatively, you can do this as follows:
- As a user with extended rights in the customer area, click on User administration > Create customer. Alternatively, you can click on the tabular customer overview under User Administration > Manage Customers and select the "New" button in the menu.
- You will get to the customer editor where you can create the customer data.
- The basic data contains essential information such as the customer name and the customer number. The latter is automatically incremented if you do not want to use a different number.
- In the tab "Users" you can add further users. They must not already be assigned to another client.
- In the "API" tab, you can define basic API settings for all users of the client.
- The "Addresses" tab allows you to store any number of addresses for the customer. They are then available to all users of the customer.
Further tabs are available depending on the system settings.
Click on "Save" to save the customer and the selected users are immediately assigned.