Trust self-signed SSL certificate on iOS devices
To trust a self-signed SSL certificate on your iOS device, you must proceed as follows. We explain this using the example of an epson receipt printer with the IP address "192.168.1.33".
- Go to your Mac / PC and open the browser. Enter the URL https://192.168.1.33.
- The browser will show you an error because the certificate is not trusted.
- Go to the address bar and click on the warning "Not secure".
- Click on "Certificate". A pop-up opens with the certificate as an image
- Click on the picture and drag it into the Finder. This will download the certificate.
- You can now send this certificate to your iOS device. This can be done via e-mail or even easier via AirDrop (your devices must have Bluetooth active for this).
- With AirDrop you get the message "Profile loaded".
- Click on "Profile loaded" in the menu on the left. A pop-up appears with the certificate
- Click on Install in the top right-hand corner. The certificate is then saved as a profile. Since the certificate cannot be verified, you must do this twice.