Make website live
Are you ready with your website? Then it's time to go live. Here you will find step-by-step instructions on what to do.
Attention when using the main domain
If you want to administer the domain yourself, you have to be careful. Let's assume that you want to use the domain my-website.com. If you now set a CNAME for this domain, the mail administration must also be with us. If you want to do the mail administration yourself or leave it with your current provider, you have two options:
- Instead of a CNAME entry, you can also set an A or AAAA entry for the IP addresses. Please discuss this with us, as we need to know that the IP address must not change. Especially with large systems we have an active load balancing. This could lead to problems in this context if we don't know.
- You can also just CNAME the page www.meine-website.de instead of the main domain my-website.com and then have your main domain redirected to www.meine-website.de. Then you can still receive your mails as before.
By default, we set up the system with a noreply email address so that your TYRIOS system is able to send emails. This address is noreply@[instance].tyrios.cloud.
Domain is with us
If you move the domain with us, you can have as many additional email addresses created as you like. The storage will be credited to your total storage. There are no restrictions on the number of e-mail addresses or e-mail aliases. Simply write what you need in an e-mail to email@example.com.
We are also happy to provide a different address as the sender of the system. This is especially useful if a customer does reply to the e-mail and you want to react.
Domain is with you
If you administer the domain yourself, we need an e-mail account from which the system can reliably send e-mails. For this we need
- an e-mail address,
- an SMTP server address,
- a user name
- and a password
The e-mails should be sent SSL-encrypted. This is the only way we can send emails under your domain without it being declared as SPAM (only your mail server should be authorised to send emails for the domain).
Alternatively, you can simply leave the setting on the [instance].tyrios.cloud. However, this only makes sense if it does not lead to a loss of trust on the part of the recipients. For eCommerce projects, we clearly recommend using an appropriate email address with the correct domain.
Moving existing email addresses
If we manage your e-mail addresses, you are welcome to move e-mails from your original provider to us. However, we need the access data of your previous provider. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information to which new e-mail address they should be imported. Depending on the amount of data, the move may take several hours.
You're doing a redesign?
You already had an old site and now want to use TYRIOS for the new site? Then don't forget the SEO. It is very likely that your URL structures have changed with the new site. If you are not careful, you may lose some visitors. You should tell Google what the new URL is.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Create an Excel list with two columns
- In the first column, insert the old URL.
- In the second column, enter the new URL to be used in the future.
- Send us this Excel file to email@example.com. We will then configure your TYRIOS instance for you in such a way that Google learns of the new URL with a so-called 301 forwarding and no loss of your SEO measures should occur as a result.