Transmit payment information for prepayment
- How can I inform the customer of the account details when paying in advance?
- TYRIOS order: Payment type management - Create payment method
- TYRIOS order: Payment type management - Edit payment methods
With the payment methods offered, you can specifically control sales, because if a payment method that is important for the customer does not exist, this often leads to purchase cancellations.
One important payment method is payment in advance. You can choose between two different methods of payment:
- Payment via a payment provider. This allows you to be automatically notified when the payment has been received. However, the payment providers usually charge a fee for this.
- Prepayment on your own. You only have to monitor the receipt of the money on your account and can then send the goods out directly. Of course, this is more work, but it doesn't cost any fees.
To ensure that payment in advance works smoothly, you should give the customer the account and payment information as soon as possible after the order is placed.
- As a user with extended rights, go to Customer Area > Order Management > Manage Payment Options.
- Create a new payment method or select the function "Edit payment method" in the line menu of the corresponding payment method.
- You will now have two fields available:
Information after payment
Payment details after payment.
Enter the payment information for your order here, e.g. the IBAN and BIC.
The field name is misleading in the case of prepayment. These texts are sent to the customer in an e-mail following the order and are displayed in the order details view. For all payment methods, this is therefore after the payment. Payment in advance is a special case, which is why it should correctly read "before payment" here.
- Save the payment method